Sunday, August 27, 2006

Marrina!

Here, finally, is the missing member of Alpha Flight! I didn't include Marrina in my original drawing of Alpha Flight because by issue number two she'd left the team (after gutting Puck!) Sure, she provided the jet of water that defeated the giant earth elemental in issue number one but then she went and RIPPED PUCK'S GUTS OUT!!

Alpha Flight fan and avid swimmer Steve Manale pointed out my omission, and was not the only one to do so. For the Alpha Fans, especially those who love that underwater alien, here in all her gut ripping glory is Marrina.

j.
p.s. For those who may not know, that is Puck spinning on the end of Marrina's finger. It seems she can't stop herself from twisting his innards!

8 comments:

Steve Daye said...

Stellar as always Mr. Bone!

Johnny Bacardi said...

Great stuff! I love all your Alpha Flight illos...

j. said...

Gracias senorses! I feel pretty certain these are not the last Alpha Flight drawings I will do!

j.

Jake said...

Yee! Watch where you put that finger Marrina.

Yes, I know. I'm 12 years old...

Shane White said...

I had a high school crush on her back in '85.

You've reminded me how sheltered I was.

Thanks. :|

=s=

Todd Kauffman said...

she's sassy

j. said...

Jake - Did you just turn 12? Happy Birthday, then!

Skinshark - Yes, if I were your mother I'd have been worried about a son having a crush on a gut-ripping fish woman! But I'm not your mom, am I?

Todd - Thanks!

best all,
j.

Chris Battle said...

This is great! She looks SO much cuter without the creepy black eyes...