Saturday, September 16, 2006

Baby Face!

I love Harvey comics especially Hot Stuff the Little Devil and Spooky (Casper's tough cousin...he's the ghost what wears a 'doiby'). Those cute little characters were on my mind as I was working on this drawing...which is why it a)Looks kinda like a comic book cover and 2) has that silly little clown above the price. I figured I couldn't and shouldn't just draw the Harvey clown which was on the covers of Spooky and Hot Stuff so I created this little guy. He's got a hobo beard and hat which started as a derby and ended up more like a sombrero with a pom-pom.


Noah is about 8 months old by now and is the son of a friend visiting from New Zealand. She'd asked me to draw a picture of him. Which I would have done anyway because he's a funny little guy with a giant head of hair. But I was torn...did Noah's mom want a portrait (traditional shading on textured paper)?

I don't really do "portrait" art so I figured comic book inking was the way to go. I think she liked it.

j.

3 comments:

Jake said...

Sniff... hows come you never draw cute pictures like that of me?

Brian Evinou said...

Hi Mr. Bone, Im organizing a 24 hour comic challenge at the hairy Tarantula for Oct 7th. Ive been contacting a number of comic pros in the city to see if they would be interested in taking part. We would love to have you at the store taking part. Anyways I would go into mor detail for you about the challenge but I feel bad taking all this space on your bogspot. If you interested please get back to me at brianevinou@yahoo.com or if you know any other cartonnists who might be interested please let me know. The website for the 24 hour comic challenge can be found at http://www.24hourcomics.com/
Thanks, for the record I love you work and think you made the right choice on the inks, looks super.

K.B. said...

I am a big Harvey comics fan as well. Very apealing stuff. Those comics Don't get the focus and appreciation they should.